HackBeanpot 2020 Packing List
It’s that time of the year again.. HackBeanpot is right around the corner! We hope you guys are ready for a weekend filled with amazing (and we mean amazing 😉) food, swag and giveaways, fun activities, and best of all lots of hacking!
🌱 HackBeanpot is doing something new this year — we are going to have raffle baskets filled with lots of fun surprises (hint hint, we have a waffle maker)! So how can you earn raffle tickets? We’ll be giving them away for attending talks and workshops throughout the event. But wait… there’s more! As part of our Sprout theme this year, we want to promote sustainability as much as we can. You can earn a raffle ticket at check-in for each of the following that you bring:
- Mug or tumbler (gotta have that coffee to keep you running!)
- Your own reusable utensils
- Tupperware (you can take any leftover food for a midnight snack)
- Your own reusable straw, especially a boba straw if you have one 😉
- Taking public transportation or biking? Bring your Charlie Card or bike helmet to let us know
Now, down to the essentials. To help you guys get prepared, we’ve made a list of everything you might need for this bean-filled weekend.
- Student id
- Laptop & charger
- Scrap paper or notebook — for those late night brainstorming sessions!
- Slack account — join slackbeanpot2020 for important updates before, during, and after the event.
- Comfy clothes or a blanket to stay cozy
- Toiletries — deodorant, toothbrush, and toothpaste are all recommended, and we highly recommend you go home and get some sleep (and shower!!)
- Any hardware you may need — while HackBeanpot encourages hardware hacks along with software ones, we are unable to provide materials needed for it.
We hope you guys are excited as we are for this event! Let us know if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you guy soon :)